Friday, July 6, 2012

Making Headbands

I saw several ideas online. I started buying different supplies for this, several months ago. I love this one bidding site called Tophatter, most sellers are from etsy. So I bought these silver metal headbands, twine, flowers, buttons, hello kitty clips, strands of beads, etc.. I had promised the girls that Thursday night we would make headbands. But, the only problem I was having was I had to put the twist the twine on the headband before we could put anything on it. That takes time & patience. So, we did the mini hamburger cookies & they took showers as I twisted twine.. I used hot glue & honestly do NOT recommend using it. I then moved on to gorilla glue, which I would recommend or some other tacky glue or something.
These are the items I used and how we started....

Danika did not get to pick her color because her mom (ME) just grabbed a color and started twisting the twine on there. She got to chose her beads. I should have taken a picture of all the string of beads I had. I will add those later. So we made 2 headbands for her. She got the bottom one with the Hello Kitty. 

This one is my favorite, because the way it came together. This is the way I had it in my head. Hailey loved it and she picked her own color. What a goofy face. :)
 
I may have to redo the beads on this one. They started popping off a little, I think the string got broken. But the concept is cute. I love this one, but it really frustrated me because a couple of the beads started popping off. And I have to admit, the Hello Kitty is a clip and I clipped it on and then hot glued it on the bottom with tons and tons of glue. Then got distracted and grabbed under the Hello Kitty, so guess what? I got a glump of glue on one of my fingers and burned the heck out of it. I had to put it under cold water... ugh

Next times, we are adding flowers. We will be making our own & then adding button some how. Need to use my imagination. 







1 comment:

  1. NO comments? Tho't I did.
    Looks like a fun project for all you girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers