Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Danika's Birthday

So I wanted to get a jump start on her birthday, since I want to do a budget. Her birthday falls on Easter this year.. But, we will celebrate it the weekend after. For the last couple of weeks, I have been talking to Danika about ideas she wants to do for her birthday and then looking up party ideas. Today, I went and printed up all my research, made a "rough draft" of my budget & it comes to about $1,000..
So now, here is my idea: MAKE IT CHEAPER!! I am going to see if I can find ideas I want to do and make it cheaper. Stay tuned for weeks to come to see what I can come up with. That $1,000 is including a bouncy house & petting zoo, food, favors, invitations, the whole shabang! Also, my idea is to keep track of what I buy, how much I spend, etc.. so I know years to come. Last year, my man thinks I spent about $1,000 and I thought to myself- uhhh maybe. But, I really thought close but not that much!! Now, that I looked at everything all together on paper for this year- I said OK probably!

~Starting to look good!! I can print up my own invitations, so no need to buy anything there. But, I do need stamps, which I have already bought. I will do some evites, but I still like the whole concept of mailing an invitation. Kids get excited for mail and then it is on the fridge and they bug their parents to come!!  :)


UPDATE: We did Rock Star Party, I made badges for all the kids that RSVP'd and laminated it. I hung them on a cardboard that I painted. Print up pics and the badge. Glue them together and laminate and I added a necklace.

Blue Badges for boys & pink for the girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers