Monday, February 4, 2013

Treats for SuperBowl & just because..

I was going to do this project with the girls, months ago. The problem is the recipe or picture I saw had round pretzels and I have been hunting for them for months. I finally gave up about 3-4 weeks ago & figured I would just buy regular pretzels. I just lagged on getting the treats. So bored at home one day with one of the girls, I decided we could do the treats to pass time and to eat a little bit. We can make enough for the game, we made these on Saturday 2.2.13
We ran to the CVS down the street, to grab the essentials.
Now we started putting them together: Pretzels down on baking sheet- 350 degrees- I figured out after the
first batch only put enough so that the 2 of us could put the m and m's  on top before the kiss or rolo start to cool. So pretzel down and whatever chocolate piece next (rolo or kiss), then put in the oven..
Once you see the chocolate melt, you pull them out and add the m and m on top- pushing the chocolate down a little...
I did not really have the timer set, I just watched the chocolate melt. 
I would just make sure to check it every couple of minutes. The first batch was maybe 8 min- due to the oven not warmed up yet.


 
The picture is sideways, but you get the idea of what  they are suppose to look like! Hailey is grabbing them off the baking sheet and putting them on another tray I got out. This way I can put them in the fridge or freezer and cool them down pretty quickly. Also all the guys like them from the fridge. Hailey liked them warmed up, though.. So during the game I told her to put the one she wanted to eat in the microwave for 5 seconds. I have to say I am not a chocolate lover by any means, but those were so yummy! I thought I would like the rolo ones better than the kisses, but I was wrong. My boyfriend I thought would be opposite of me, because he loves chocolate- but he preferred the rolo ones. Very interesting I must say! What a fun way to spend a little time and make some delicious treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers