Friday, March 22, 2013

Changing it UP!!

About a year ago this month- our roommate moved out and we finally got a room for the girls! Due to my daughters birthday being on March 31st- I had to be frugal or just pick things I wanted to buy to get the girls room to feel less like a "guess room".. So I looked for a girly bed set but nothing in a queen size. You know most younger beds are full or twin, but we have a queen so both girls sleep in one. It is hard to find cutesy bed sets in queen, so I picked up a semi not to adult like bed set and it worked! I had to find a dresser without spending too much money- found a small one for free and it worked up until about 2 weeks ago when the drawers just gave out and the top one broke! Which it was not a very sturdy dresser anyhow. It was fly by the seat of my pants anyhow to get it to together for the girls to enjoy. But, now I have some time & money to look around **Still being frugal, though**
I let them pick from 5 bed sets which one they liked and could agree on, so I had to buy that online due to the size not in stores. I also got some ideas of pintrest for decorating the girls room on a budget.
I got an awesome dresser for them! It was my mom's and she had it in storage. I finally talked her into giving it to me for the girls, since she has not used it at all over 4 years now. I was going to pay her something, but she said NO. I am okay with that! Thank you MOM!
The girls use to have about 3 posters up, but do the walls being plaster- only 1 stayed up! I will be taking it down and moving it, but for now keep it on the wall so it will not get ruined.

Before pics of the room:



 During pics of the room:



















After pics of the room:




 They also got new curtains, they have a window by the dresser. It is 2 windows in the corner & we use to (this is going to be tacky, but the girls were scared to sleep in the room without some covering) have a raider blanket to cover the window. NO I AM NOT A RAIDER fan.





                                         ~UPDATE~ 6.27.13~
The 3 frames on the wall above, actually 2 of them ended up falling and breaking. I had taken the glass out of all 3 when the 1st one fell.  I glued, I glued again and these frames just did not hold up. That is what I get for #1. getting them from the dollar store & #2. having plaster walls and not knowing how to manipulate them..
So both of the girls are out of town, so I decided I will make it look nice again. So I got scrapbook paper and used that like a border.. Here are the pics that I took this morning: This is simple, cheap, and will not fall off the wall!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers