Thursday, March 14, 2013

Have you ever just wanted to sell your stuff and keep track of it??

So, I have been really thinking and thinking about selling things I make.
Then I started looking for templates on how  much to charge & keep track of things. I could not find very much online besides software to download. I did not really want that, so I decided to make one up for myself. I have something similar to this, but it is in word doc & not a lot of space to write things in & was really general.. So then I jotted down a rough draft of what things I wanted to keep track of and then just started putting my excel sheet together! 
I have formulas in the squares to tell me what my real profit would be. The only thing I do not have on here is the hours it takes me to make something. That really is not important to me, so I left it out.
I do however, have a 2nd tab on this worksheet to breakout cost of supplies. So when I buy something for a certain project- I jot down the price I paid. I also break it down by how much is in the package. If you bought a pack of 24 pipe cleaners & each project will only use 2 then you want to make sure you only have the cost of 2 of them down. If I bought something that can be used several times, like ink for a stamp- I divided that by 1 year. So that is the formulas I did on the 2nd tab. This works for me, it may not work for you. But it will  get your creative juices working and maybe help you create your own recording system.








  for stopping by.....            





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers