Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

So, Today is National Teacher Appreciation Day- I was hoping to do something everyday, but not going to happen. The one big thing I wanted to do, I did get done this morning & so I am relieved. I found several ideas on line, which I will give credit where it credit is due.. I found the below idea on



I had started buying some of the things & then honestly time flew by & before I knew it, it is May.  Where did the time go? There are so many variations to this.. I am grateful that I have a craft area in my house and was able to just grab ribbon & the right color paper to match. So, lots of ideas that you can do here..
I have post it paperclips, large & mini binderclips (2 different colors), Gum, push pins, brads, white out, glue stick, rubberbands, post it tabs and finally york peppermint patties... the one thing I am so disappointed in, I forgot to take a picture of the note Danika (my daughter) wrote that I double stick taped to the inside of the box. It said in Danika's writing: "Mrs. Manske, I love you. You are the #1 teacher. You are the best. Love from Danika".. Yes, that is word for word!
On eighteen25 blog, she had hand sanitizer & most of all the colors matched..lol
When Danika handed this to Mrs. Manske, her teacher was so shocked and very happy. Which made me happy, she was almost afraid to open it. I had to tell her that there was a note inside from Danika. I did not see anyone else bring something in for her. Teachers work hard & they use their own money at times to help our kids out. The least I can do, is make a gift for her.. I plan on doing something else on Friday for her as well.
The next thing I did, I threw together so that my "bonus" child could have something for her teacher. I had to stop on the way to school to get the candy bar though.. i actually plan on doing this for Danika on Thursday.


Now, keep in mind since I threw it together- the candy bar is huge, it is suppose to be a little smaller and the bag is suppose to be smaller so that the tag would fit nicely. But, I am ok with the way it looks. The funny thing about all this is that my "bonus" daughter said, "I did not get a notice that it is teacher appreciation day".. LOL






So, on Thursday May 10th- I gave Mrs. Manske (Danika's teacher the same thing my bonus daughter gave her teacher). This time I took a little bit of time, because I was thinking ahead and looked for a cute cello bag that I had..

Mrs. Manske really liked it.. I noticed thought that I a lot of parents hadn't contributed.. That is ok.
I have finally been getting all my things organized in my house. It feels good to do something nice and to give to someone who has an influence on my daughter.

The final & Last day of Teacher Appreciation Week:
Today is Friday & I had seen a cute idea online & could not pass it up. I got this idea off 


I found these plants at Lowe's, they were only $6 each. I love them! I actually should have bought a couple for myself. They actually would be cute Mother's Day ideas also..
The big news is that Danika had a substitute today! Boooooo







Thank you Skip to my Lou, for all your wonderful ideas!!


1 comment:

  1. Again... you are Impressive! You've done so much and are being such a good example for the girls on what it is to show appreciation and to support the people you care about.

    ReplyDelete

Followers