Friday, January 25, 2013

Home*made Chicken Soup

Maybe it is the weather, but I have been craving some soup. Chicken rice soup to be exact. I just wanted to go with what I felt I wanted int he soup and not by any recipe I found. So I started with cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, boiled one thigh in water, used that water as broth, better than bouillon, Knorr chicken stock, seasonings, minced garlic, etc.... Most of it was not measured out, it was just added to what I thought would be nice and taste good.

My 2 favorite things to use for cooking:






I have used Better than Bouillon for awhile now, but only the last year
the Knorr Stock!
I cooked my jasmine rice in my rice cooker and added the rice at the end, before putting the soup in the fridge. I brought it to work for lunch.
I added an all seasoning I read off Paula Dean's Coleslaw recipe.
I only used what I had in the house, otherwise I might have added celery & carrots. I do admit it turned out delicious...

1 comment:

Followers