Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Making Candy Buttons

 Making Candy Buttons:
Very easy to do, this recipe makes a lot!
I only used 4 colors: green, yellow, pink & lavender.
You can find tons of recipes online for this, but I really like the following blog:
http://whatwillwedotoday.com/2011/07/12/recipe-candy-buttons/

 I like that they have a dotted sheet. I started one & I get to "perfectionist" on it.
We had so much leftover that I was doing their names, stars, hearts, etc..
I really like all the pastel colors that What will we do today had on their site! After awhile the girls were done. They just could not wait to eat them. We had to lay it out in the office and wait 24 hours! I added flavor to 2 colors, a raspberry and vanilla. Both were ok, the raspberry was not that good.


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Tbsp meringue powder (or 2 egg whites)
  • 6 Tbsp water
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract (use vanilla, lemon, peppermint, coconut for different flavors)
  • 1 pound confectioners' sugar (1 pound = 7 cups)
  • decorator bags or sandwich bags (1 for each color)
Make sure when you cut the tip of the bag off, it is still small, not too big.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Such a good mommy!
    Good Times = Good Memories!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers