Friday, June 21, 2013

Reprimand my 7 year old....

I have a sassy 7 year old, who tests the limits every day with me. Her dad & I split up about 4 years ago. She never pushes the limits with her dad!  I have asked her why, and her exact words to me are, "Dads are mean & Scary"... I am not mean? "No, Mom you are easy!" How so? I put you in time out, I take things away, I send you to your room- Your dad does not do that because you do not pull the same things with him as you do with me. So, now a situation came up last night for me & I was not thinking clearly on the "right" reprimand to do. So in a way I had a brain fart! It happens to the best of us! After 15 min, it dawns on me that I should have turned off her TV. DUH!! I know, I know... The only thing I had said to her was that she was NOT getting dessert tomorrow.. Whop-pie, right?! So now I am scouring the web to find out different reprimands to have on hand, so I do not have another lapse. I like the Super Nanny & her "Rules" that are listed up in the kitchen. So, I am going to search for things like that..
.....STAY TUNED, to see what I come up with......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers