Monday, July 1, 2013

Cheesy Orzo Pasta Recipe

I have been looking for recipes for my Orzo I have had in my cabinet, literally for years. The container is 1/2 full and staring at me to do something with it!
I have looked up recipes, after recipes and was going to make soup out of it, but it is now Summer time and soup is not this seasons top thing! I was up late one night thinking of different ideas, and so I baked at 11 pm at night to get ready for the next day.. I found a cheesy recipe for Orzo and I did that, and added some vegetables to it.  I found this recipe on my mobile- Tasty Recipe.com
I doubled the recipe so I can have lunch and a side dish for dinner. Plus, I did not realize it but that finished up the Orzo and I got to throw the container away.. 
I did change somethings up from the recipe because I do not have Chicken stock, I have Better Than Bullion and Knorr Stock. So that is what I used! 
24 oz. Water with 1 Knorr Stock & I added to taste the Chicken Bullion
2 cups Orzo
1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste or any other seasoning you like

* Boil Water/Broth in pan
* Add Pasta. Cover & cook for 15 min
* Stirring occasionally so it does not stick to the bottom
* If too much liquid has evaporated add more
* Once liquid is absorbed, and pasta is tender
* Add your cheeses and seasoning
~~ALL DONE!!~~

I sauteed some veggies to add on top of mine for my lunch..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers