Saturday, February 15, 2014

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day 2014

I have several ideas we were doing for this Holiday. I lagged on my wreath, I stared some but have not finished it, but I will so I guess I can have it for next year! Not to make this sad, or to make it long- my sister passed away at the age of 39 in the begininig of Jan this year, and I made a promise to myself to put more effort into hanging out and actually doing something with my 2 neices. So every Sunday I have been getting them and tying to do something crafty with them. Our first thing was to make a heart wreath for each of them. This was actually an expensive project..
 Linda said if you put around your neck, you can
see where the glue is and take it off..
She is so funny!



Items you will need:
Dollar Store heart shaped containers
Dollar Store tray- I got the black ones and cut the middle part out
Hot Glue
Glitter
Ribbon


I let them each have their own glue gun and they had at it. They had a good time and they can take them home and each have them in their own room.

I did see them a week later and the hearts were falling off. So I am not sure if they did not add enough glue. All the matters is that they had fun!

This is the start of my heart wreath: This one was a little bit more expenisve, I had to buy it all from JoAnn's.
I borrowed a Sizzex machine from my friend because I had no item to cut the felt.

  I have to cut out 100 2" circles and I think I have gotten to 40 so far. 
all that matters is I got my kids to get their stuff on time..
  I found this item on Etsy, I can see why t he charge what they charge.






You will see the end display in a couple of days, I will post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers