Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Valentine's Day is coming...


I must admit, this is NOT my Holiday at all! The only reason I like this Holiday is because of my daughter. Otherwise, I would not bother at all. So I will have to say, last year I wanted to do so many thing and just did not do it. I just ran out of time. So last minute trying to throw something together, did not make me happy. BUT this year is different! I am ahead of the game, due to buying the stuff last year!
I have 2 things we will do with the girls and I have one cute idea for my honey!

~V Day is over!~ So here are some of the ideas I put together & did for both girls..
Keep in mind, I started these in Jan. I bought crayons at the dollar store last year, for this project and never got to it. 2 packs of 48, broke up and make our own heart crayons.



 I bought these heart trays from Target last year to realize when I saw them again this year, they are ice trays. I don't think they said that last year,but they still work! 250 degrees for about 8-10 min. Do not do any longer or any hotter! The girls got a kick out of them! The girls got to make 4 of their favorites and keep them! My favorite site had the labels. You can also google it and I just found some for boy/girl.
Click HERE for pdf printable..


 My Next project was for my man.. I got the card deck at the dollar store- 2 for the price of 1! I kept it in order and just wrote a bunch of things that I love about him & BAM- that was done! I even printed one with his face, because I wrote "I love when you smile". It was of course, one of him smiling, which is rare!
~ He loves desserts too, so I got the rootbeer float basket and printable card for him!!



 Now for Hailey, I looked up things for a 4th grader or Tween age girls. This was cute idea. I got socks at Target in the dollar bin. And the lips are from Michaels. On Valentines day I found a printable I liked even more than this one- it was with the lips too.. I looked for days on the whistle valentine, but kept coming up with this one.. So the other one says, "Read my lips, Happy Valentine's Day".. That was cute. The one on the right, I only made 6 for her to give to her closest friends at school. "You rock my socks off Valentine"... Isn't that the cutest! Love it.

I did not have a lot of money to spend, so I had an old composition book that I had not used, and I had a $5 See's Candy gift card that I won at a party. I do not really care for chocolate and was not going to See's anytime soon. So I figured maybe Danika's teacher would enjoy it more. It is the thought that counts, right?
So, I decorated it with scrapbook paper, added some embellishments and had Danika sign the Valentine's Day front cover.. I hope she can use it!



I found this on pintrest!! LOVE IT.. I had both girls join in the fun. We got Jolly Ranchers, put them on a pan with foil- bake 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.. and here they are Lollipops!
Then I had to take a picture of Danika with her hand out like she is giving you the lollipop. I used regular paint software and added the hearts and the Happy Valentines Day.. I had to put a heart above her head to get rid of the light switch- so it has her teachers name there for her class....
 
Now the last thing we did for Danika was very simple: BOOKMARKS! Her school mascot is an Owl, so this is what I found.. Yes, on Pintrest!



This was the easiest of them all.. I did not print them on card stock, I glued them to card stock. I had a heart little punch, so I used that and then ribbon for the top part of it. To make 30 of these, I had Danika tie the ribbon, after about 14 she was done. Good thing I started these in Jan. Or I would not get them done.  I found this in Tip Junkie.. in my email!

If you click on the logo above- it will get you to the pdf to print! Very colorful and easy, cheap idea! Love it!!


~I went to the dollar store to get picture frames about a week before Vday and I found the best little drawstring bags for Vday. We can put all 3 items in the bag and hand them out! I think I may have some left, so I will take a picture and add those. I was proud of myself to start it early and get done all the cute things we did! It was all really fun to do. The girls really liked the lollipops, of course!!

1 comment:

Followers