Monday, December 29, 2014

Making soap for Xmas gifts and for fun



I wanted to make soap with my girls. I have made these really cool cupcake bath bombs before, years ago and thought this would be really cool to do with the girls. I also put together a Holiday Boutique at work and 40% of our proceeds went to a local charity. It was really great and we made close to $200 to give to charity.
I used my Micheals coupon to but a huge tub of glycerin soap. I bought the Xmas tree mold..
I had to girls do plaid soap and cut it out in shapes.
We used Glycerin soap and colored it and added scents to it, pour in mold and you are done!
Wrap in 2 in a bag and nice ribbon and a great gift!




 This is the plaid soap- I put thin layers of 4 different colors and then sliced them in strips, all strips are different sizes.



 This is bath bombs- in the Xmas Tree molds. 
I got this recipe when I bought a kit from BrambleBerry.. They can get pricey, so if you can buy it on your own, I would!
http://www.brambleberry.com/
http://www.brambleberry.com/
  • Baking soda
  • Cornstarch
  • Citric acid
  • Spritzer bottles
  • Food coloring
  • Glass bowl
  • Essential oil
  • Baking molds
  • Witch Hazel
  • STEPS

    1. STEP 1

      Sift 1 3/4 cup baking soda, 1 cup citric acid, and 2 cups cornstarch through a sieve to remove chunks. To make different tints, fill small spritzer bottles with witch hazel and add about 6 drops of food coloring to each.
    2. STEP 2

      Pour 1 cup of powdered mixture into a glass bowl. Lightly spritz, stirring after each spritz, until powder is desired color. Add water slowly, so mixture does not fizz. If mixing two tints, alternate colors as you spritz. Check the consistency of powder with your fingers; when it can be tightly packed or shaped, stop spritzing (this may take a little while).
    3. STEP 3

      Select an essential oil. Add 5 drops if it's one of the stronger scents (peppermint, lavender), 6 if it's a weaker one (lemon, grapefruit). Mix well. Firmly pack mixture into small baking molds. We used 1/4 cup for each fizzy, which is good for one bath. Allow mixture to set for 2 hours, then pop out carefully. Repeat with different tints for remaining powder.











Not edible!! ;) Made to clean and relax you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers